Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cover Letter

Steven L. Kastell
538 St. Andrews Place
Manalapan, New Jersey 07726
Nine11C2@Gmail.com
Direct (732) 431-1703 Cell (732) 616-2962

In my career I have had numerous and varied accomplishments and it’s difficult to summarize this on two pieces of paper. Some of my major capabilities and accomplishments:

• I have a long history of provide process improvement and information technology consulting. I believe in developing a mutually beneficial partnership with my clients and customers.
• In 1997 I started the J.D. Edwards ERP Consulting practice at Grant Thornton. I handled the vendor relationships, sales, staffing and project management. I managed a staff of roughly 30 and the practice P&L. My business was more than 10% of Grant Thornton Consulting when it was purchased by Hitachi (the acquisition was the basis for what is now Hitachi Consulting).
• In a 16 month period of my 5+ years at IBM, I sold $130M in consulting services. This included an implementation of SAP won via RFP response which took approximately 6 weeks, and a comprehensive, planned out 3 year pursuit of a global implementation of SAP. I believe the different ways in which these deals were won highlights my ability to win deals at both ends of the spectrum – those requiring a quickly compiled and differentiating RFP response, and those requiring a long term client relationship building a case for action.
• I excel at analyzing customer needs, and putting together the right people, solutions, and experiences, when needed using out of the box thinking, to meet the customer needs. After winning opportunities, I can deliver, via partnering with the client, to meet those needs.
• I pride myself on having come in at or near budget on virtually every assignment I’ve been involved with, and that everything I’ve worked on had rapid ROI to a customer. As an example, a recent assignment of approximately $200,000 in fees resulted in $5M in immediate savings for a customer and in $15M or more in savings in the first year and a half.
• I excel at managing and self motivating staff to provide efficient, effective business consulting services.
• My record against quota, from the time I was a Manager at Grant Thornton to now is very impeccable. In many years I achieved multiples of my quota ($8M in sales on a $4M quota).
• I believe in breaking down walls, not being bound by them. This means I win customers, deals and accomplish things where others have given up, using unique tactics if needed.

I am an aggressive and competent professional looking for a position to utilize my consulting and management skills. Perhaps the most unique thing about me is that while driven and successful, I have a very human side - friends, family and helping others is very important to me on a daily basis. Please see my resume, it highlights my numerous accomplishments.

Sincerely

Steven Kastell

No comments: